Healing Through Growth & Awareness
Hello, and welcome. I am a counsellor and psychotherapist who provides a counselling, coaching and consulting service in the Perth hills area to clients of all ages and backgrounds.
My treatment focus is on the 'whole' person; mind, body and spirit. I work with you in a confidential, supportive and nurturing environment in which expression, growth, healing and awareness are all gently and safely encouraged. My interest is to apply and integrate change and acceptance-based models of counselling and psychotherapy in practice.
I utilise evidence-based therapeutic approaches (see below), and emphasise present-moment feelings, sensations and awareness. I am interested in exploring your direct experience without trying to change behaviour directly prior to your readiness and involvement. I consider the client to be the most knowledgeable about their life, and together we explore meaning, find solutions and create a space for healing and compassionate self-discovery led by you and the presenting needs of your situation.
The research indicates that good therapy is a matter of rapport between client and therapist, and so my emphasis is on building a warm, supportive and empathic environment in which change and growth may occur, and in which you are encouraged to be your most authentic self. My focus is to collaborate with you in determining your best path forward, integrating therapeutic and coaching models to facilitate the greatest version of the grandest vision you've ever had about who you are.
To learn more about me and my approach, please click here.
My therapeutic approach includes:
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-based CBT (MCBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Gestalt Therapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Psychodynamic approaches
- Mindfulness & stress reduction techniques
- Music psychotherapy
- Spiritual Emergence Coaching (SEC)
Counselling, psychotherapy and support is offered in the following areas:
- Anxiety, stress and overwhelm
- Child and adolescent behavioural concerns
- Peer pressure and bullying
- Internet & Facebook addiction
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Self-worth and self-image
- Shame and guilt
- Boundary issues and self-support
- Support through illness and trauma
- Relationship counselling and family issues
- Men’s issues
- Mindfulness and emotion regulation strategies
- Spiritual and religious crises
- Person-to-person, Skype counselling and phone sessions are available, depending upon circumstances.
- All sessions last a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Skype and telephone sessions are payable prior to session.
- Privacy and anonymity are protected.
- Rebates apply for National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) members.